Andrea Fort is a partner at Mound Cotton in New York. Her practice focuses on complex insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes, in both litigated and arbitrated matters, including Bermuda Form arbitrations. She has significant experience with claims involving such areas as construction defects, asbestos, and sports head injury claims.
Ms. Fort is admitted to the New York bar. She has published articles in Law360, New York Law Journal, Journal of Reinsurance, and ARIAS U.S. Quarterly.
- “Maintaining the Confidentiality of Arbitration Awards When Petitioning for Relief in Court,” co-authored with Amy Kallal, ARIAS-US Quarterly, Q3 2021
- “Why Legacy Insurance May Not Protect Adopters Of Bitcoin,” co-authored with Amy Kallal and Andrew Romano, Law360, June 10, 2021
- “Automatization of Underwriting and the Future of the Reinsurance Relationship,” co-authored with Lloyd Gura, Journal of Reinsurance, Volume 26, Number 1, 2019
- “Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: Reinsurance Issues,” co-authored with Lloyd Gura, The Journal of Reinsurance, Volume 18, Number 4, Fall 2011
- “Privacy, Confidentiality, Data Protection and Sanctions Clauses,” Re Contracts 2022: The Art of Designing Reinsurance Contracts and Programs, Reinsurance Association of America, July 20, 2022
New York, 2005
J.D., magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2003
M.A., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 1998
B.A., McGill University, 1994