Andrea Fort is a partner at Mound Cotton in New York. Her practice focuses on complex insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes, in both litigated and arbitrated matters, including Bermuda Form arbitrations. She has significant experience with claims involving such areas as construction defects, asbestos, and sports head injury claims.
Andrea is admitted to the New York bar. She has published articles in Law360, New York Law Journal, Journal of Reinsurance, and ARIAS U.S. Quarterly.
- “Maintaining the Confidentiality of Arbitration Awards When Petitioning for Relief in Court,” co-authored with Amy Kallal, ARIAS-US Quarterly, Q3 2021
- “Why Legacy Insurance May Not Protect Adopters Of Bitcoin,” co-authored with Amy Kallal and Andrew Romano, Law360, June 10, 2021
- “Automatization of Underwriting and the Future of the Reinsurance Relationship,” co-authored with Lloyd Gura, Journal of Reinsurance, Volume 26, Number 1, 2019
- “Honorable Engagement Clauses and the Powers of Arbitrators: Has First State v. National Casualty Changed the Landscape?,” co-authored with Amy Kallal, ARIAS-U.S. Quarterly, Third Quarter, 2015
- “Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: Reinsurance Issues,” co-authored with Lloyd Gura, The Journal of Reinsurance, Volume 18, Number 4, Fall 2011
- Reinsurance Arbitration Awards — An Uphill Battle?
- Why Legacy Insurance Coverage May Not Protect Early Adopters of Bitcoin – Law360
- Air Master & Cooling, Inc. v. Selective Insurance Company of America: New Jersey Appellate Court Addresses Trigger of Coverage Issues for Progressive Construction Defect Losses
- Moderator, “Mass Tort Bankruptcies & Reinsurance Issues,” Mound Cotton NYC Annual Reinsurance Conference, New York City, September 21, 2023
- Panelist, “Privacy, Confidentiality, Data Protection and Sanctions Clauses,” RAA Re Contracts: The Art of Designing Reinsurance Contracts and Programs, New York, NY, July 20, 2022
New York, 2005
J.D., magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2003
M.A., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 1998
B.A., McGill University, 1994