General Commercial Litigation
Our attorneys have extensive trial experience in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative agencies throughout the United States and the world.
Our strengths include:
- Appellate Practice: Our attorneys have briefed and argued complex issues in the highest appeals courts, up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Arbitration: MCWG has participated in arbitration proceedings involving reinsurance, commodities and securities, and labor and employment disputes.
- Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights: We have represented creditors, creditors’ committees, and debtors in liquidations and reorganizations.
- Mediation/Alternative Dispute Resolution: Our lawyers are well versed in mediation and alternative dispute resolution and regularly participate in the settlement of disputes by cost-effective alternative means.Many of our attorneys have the training, experience, and reputation for impartiality necessary to serve as umpires, magistrates, federal court mediators, or other public or quasi-public officers.
- Federal and State Courts: We have tried and won countless cases in the federal and state courts.
- White-Collar Defense: Our firm enjoys a long-standing reputation for white-collar criminal defense, particularly in the securities, commodities, business, and labor areas. Many of our lawyers are former state and federal prosecutors and defenders with experience in the litigation of economic crimes. Major corporations and labor organizations have retained us to conduct internal investigations of suspected employee or officer misconduct, and we have advised clients on corporate governance matters. Our practice also includes tax fraud, criminal antitrust, and criminal and civil RICO cases.
- Antitrust: Our attorneys have advised clients and analyzed complex antitrust issues on large-scale mergers and acquisitions.
- Class Action: Our attorneys have obtained large verdicts and settlements in a variety of class action litigations and arbitrations.