Kenneth M. Labbate
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2017 - 2018 for Professional Liability
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2016 - 2017 for Professional Liability
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2015-2016 for Professional Liability
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2014-2015 for Professional Liability
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2014-2015 for Personal Injury - Products
- Recognized in Super Lawyers - 2014-2015 for Insurance Coverage
- 2014 Recipient of Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing
- Professional Liability Defense Federation (Featured Member, March 31, 2014)
- Council on Litigation Management (CLM)
- CLM - Professional Liability Committee
- CLM - Worker's Compensation Committee
- American Bar Association
- Member, Labor Law Journal, Hofstra University School of Law 1990-1991
- Committee Membership - ABA Advisory Panel
- PLUS – Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- An-Jung v. Rower LLC, et al. (NY Cty., Justice Kahn, March 12, 2019)
- The Alicart Group, LLC. v. Archer A. Associates, Inc., et. al. (NY Cty., Justice Bransten, May 24, 2017)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as Receiver for Amtrust Bank v. Burke, et al., No. CIV, 12-7398, (D. N.J. January 29, 2015)
- Glenda Logan v. IAP Worldwide Services, et al., Case No.: 2014 LDA 00520, OWCP No.: 02-142771 (November 27, 2015).
- Food Sciences Corp. v. Cox, Civil No. 15-6202 (RBK/AMD) (D.N.J. December 9, 2015).
- Giuliano v. Gawrylewski, 122 A.D.3d 477, 997 N.Y.S.2d 20 (2014)
- Taylor v. Paskoff & Tamber, LLP, 102 A.D.3d 446, 447, 958 N.Y.S.2d 337 (2013)
- Konan 11, LLC v. GGP Staten Island Mall, LLC, 2012 WL 1965899, 2012 N.Y. Slip Op. 31393 (May 23, 2012)
- Yousef v. General Dynamics Corporation, 205 N.J. 543, 16 A.3d 1040 (2011)
- Yakubov v. Borukhov, 2010 WL 620643, 2010 N.Y. Slip Op. 30323 (Februry 16, 2010)
- Navigators Specialty Ins. Co. v. Scarinci & Hollenbeck, LLC, No. CIV.09-4317, 2010 WL 1931239, at *1 (D.N.J. May 12, 2010)
- Jordan v. Gangemi, No. MOTION M-1298, 2008 WL 852353 (N.Y. App. Div. Apr. 1, 2008)
- McGuckin v. Berkman, 2009 WL 423740, 2009 N.Y. Slip Op. 30300 (February 5, 2009)
- Incorporated Village of Hempstead Community Development Agency v. Law offices of Ryan, Brennan & Donnelly, LLP et al.- Supreme Court of the State of NY, County of Nassau, Index No. 15271/09
- Air Pegasus of New York, Inc. v. Liberty Helicopter Tours, Inc., No. A-3656-05T5, 2007 WL 2188250 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. Aug. 1, 2007)
- Urbina v. 26 Court St. Associates, LLC, 46 A.D.3d 268, 847 N.Y.S.2d 67 (2007)
- Weldon v. 210 E. 73rd Owners Corp., 15 Misc. 3d 1125(A), 841 N.Y.S.2d 222 (Sup. Ct. 2007)
- Zurich Am. Ins. Co. v. Rite Aid Corp., 345 F. Supp. 2d 497 (E.D. Pa. 2004)
- Piazza v. River Place I, LLC, et al.- Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York, Index No. 108378/04.
- J.E. v. Beth Israel Hosp., 295 A.D.2d 281, 744 N.Y.S.2d 166 (2002)
- Carroll v. Levy, et al. – Supreme Court of the State of NY, County of New York, Index No. 604194/02
- Falcone and Celifarco, v. Group Development, LLC,et al.- Supreme Court of The State Of New York County of Richmond, Index No.: 13657/02.
- Co-author, Developments in Real Estate Professional Liability: 2018, MCWG Winter Newsletter 2018-2019, December 2018.
- Co-author, Gone Phishing – Legal Malpractice in the Age of the Cyber-Attack, Raising The Bar – Tort Trial & Insurance Practice, American Bar Association, Fall 2018.
- Co-author, The NY Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulations: An Update, New York Law Journal, June 2018
- Co-author, Corporate Risk Presented by Ever Evolving and Growing Cyber Crimes: Trying Times for Directors & Officers, PLUS Journal, March 2015, Vol. XXVIII, Number 3. Mealey’s Litigation Report: Cyber Tech & E-Commerce Vol. 17, #2 April 2015 and MEALEY’S Emerging Securities Litigation Vol. 14, #1 July 2015.
- Co-author, After the Banks, FDIC Pursues Appraisers, New York Law Journal, August 1, 2013.
- Co-author, Insurance E&O Liability Arising from Superstorm Sandy, HarrisMartin Publishing, June 24, 2013.
- Co-author, LIBOR: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask, MCWG Newsletter, December 2012, and published in Volume VI, No. II of The Journal of Business Entrepreneurship & the Law, Pepperdine University School of Law.
- Co-author of The New York Rules of Professional Conduct: Rules and Commentary R. 1.16, 1.17 & 1.18 (N.Y. Cnty. Lawyers’ Ass’n Ethics Inst. 5th ed. 2012).
- Presenter, “Cyber Exposure for Public & Private Ds & Os: Lessons Learned,” 13th Annual Directors & Officers Insurance ExecuSummit, May 16, 2017.
- Presenter, in-house presentation for leading professional Liability Insurer – Claims and Underwriting Developments – 2015, May 21, 2015.
- Presenter “Benefits and Pitfalls of Additional Insured Coverage.” , NYC Bar Association, May 14, 2015.
- Speaker, “Cyber Liability,” for New York City Association of Insurance Women, New York, NY, November 3, 2014.
- Presenter, “Cyber Liability: What are the Risks to My Business? Am I Covered?” 2014 Professional Liability Defense Federation Fifth Annual Meeting and CLE/CEU Presentation, Westin Georgetown, Washington, DC, September 17-18, 2014.
- Presenter, Successfully Mediating Claims for benefits under the Defense Base Act, Insurance Carrier Symposium, Dallas, Texas, May 2013.
- Presenter, The Significance of Labor Market Surveys to Valuation of Disability Claims Under the Defense Base Act, Insurance Carrier Symposium, Dallas, Texas, May 2012.
- Speaker, “Social Media and The Rules of Professional Conduct,” New York County Lawyers’ Association, December, 2012.
- Speaker, “Social Media and The Rules of Professional Conduct,” New York County Lawyers’ Association, July, 2012.
- Speaker, “Indemnification and Additional Insured Coverage”, Insurance Law: The Basics, New York City Bar, November 2011.
- Speaker, “When More than One Insurance Policy May Respond to a Claim – Other Insurance and Excess Insurance,” Insurance Law: The Basics, New York City Bar, November 2010.
- Presenter, “The Policy Application & Rescission,” Insurance Law: The Basics, New York City Bar, November 2009.
New York, 1993
United States District Court – Southern District of New York
United States District Court – Eastern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals – Second Circuit
B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1989
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1992