Thomas F. Breen
Thomas F. Breen is a partner with extensive experience representing domestic and international insurers in disputes involving directors’ and officers’ liability, lawyers’ professional liability, miscellaneous professional liability, and managed healthcare professional liability. He is counsel of record in commercial general liability coverage litigation arising from construction defect claims. The underlying lawsuits often involve complex RICO, ERISA, and federal securities law violations alleged by nationwide classes.
Mr. Breen’s professional practice emphasizes all aspects of claim evaluation and litigation assessment, focusing on prompt exposure reporting and efficient resolution. His background includes serving as lead trial counsel in the defense of major carriers in suits alleging wrongful disclaimer, bad faith and extra-contractual liability.
He has considerable familiarity with all aspects of alternative dispute resolution, with specific expertise in successful negotiation tactics at mediations throughout the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia.
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro, Insurance Coverage, 2018-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Quoted, “Clover Health Ruling Could Shake Up D&O Market For SPACs,” Law360, February 27, 2023
- Quoted, “Stillwater Ruling Adds Nuance To Delaware D&O Disputes,” Law360, January 20, 2023
- Quoted, “D&O Insurance Cases To Watch In 2023,” Law360, January 2, 2023
- Quoted, “The Biggest D&O Insurance Rulings Of 2022,” Law360, January 2, 2023
New York, 1977
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division Second Department
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., New England Law, Boston, 1976
B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1973