Robert S. Goodman
Robert S. Goodman is a partner at Mound Cotton Wollan & Greengrass. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law School. Mr. Goodman has over thirty years of experience in litigation including general commercial, corporate and partnership disputes, securities, employment discrimination, real estate, trademark infringement and unfair competition at both the trial and appellate levels and in arbitration.
Mr. Goodman is admitted to practice in various courts, including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Third, and the Federal Circuits, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the New York State Courts. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the New York City Bar Association.
Mr. Goodman’s representative clients have included Target Corporation, First Union National Bank, First New York Bank for Business, Concord Transportation, Inc., Webcraft, Scientiae LLC, and Lux Cashmere.
Mr. Goodman’s reported decisions include:
- Healthworld Corp. v. Gottlieb, Scientiae LLC, et al., 12 A.D.3d 278, 786 N.Y.S.2d 8 (1st Dep’t 2004)
- A. Brod, et al. v. Worldwide Dreams LLC, 2004 WL 2535087 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2004)
- A. Brod, et al. v. Worldwide Dreams LLC, 2004 WL 1563352 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2004)
- Security Ins. Co. of Hartford v. Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. and Concord Trans. Inc., 314 F. Supp. 2d 201 (S.D.N.Y. 2003)
- Security Ins. Co. of Hartford v. Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. and Concord Trans. Inc., 2003 WL 22004895 (S.D.N.Y. 2003), judgment vacated, 391 F.3d 77 (2d Cir. 2004)
- First Union Nat’l Bank v. A.G. Edwards, 262 A.D.2d 106, 691 N.Y.S.2d 491 (1st Dep’t 1999)
- Sirota v. Welbilt Appliance, Inc., 840 F. Supp. 11 (E.D.N.Y. 1994)
- Quoted, “Insurers Claim Calif. Franchisee’s Virus Suit Can’t Stay In Pa.,” Law360, August 16, 2022
New York, 1971
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1970
B.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1967