Mark J. Weber
Mark J. Weber counsels in a wide variety of complex matters, including:
- Disputes arising from major private and public construction projects, including delay damages; property damage and personal injury claims arising from collapses and other catastrophes and related design defect, negligent construction, and violations of building codes and industry standards; bid protests; litigation of defense and indemnity obligations; as well as toxic tort, mass tort, class action, and other work site significant injury claims
- Asbestos litigation, mold and other “sick building” disputes
- Commercial matters, corporate dissolution and related proceedings
- Products liability, environmental law, insurance, and reinsurance
Mr. Weber has briefed and argued many complex motions for his clients. He has also conducted extensive direct and cross-examinations of witnesses at depositions and hearings and been involved in many arbitrations, mediations, trials, and appeals in state and federal courts, as well as before arbitration and mediation panels.
Mr. Weber has represented major companies in construction, project management, engineering, financial services, insurance, and reinsurance. He has also handled commercial litigation involving various contract disputes (including sales, construction, design, commissions, and employment matters), TRO’s, preliminary injunctions, as well as the theft of intellectual property, misappropriation of trade secrets, and bankruptcy.
Mr. Weber has also counseled professional engineers and construction companies regarding permissible business structures for the provision of “design-build” services in various jurisdictions.
Mr. Weber has been integrally involved in lobbying federal and state representatives with respect to complex and controversial legislation on behalf of major corporate clients. He has also advised multi-national entities regarding the wind down and dissolution of domestic operations and related corporate and litigation management strategies.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Weber was with Eastman Kodak Company for nearly a decade, where he held various marketing, training, and management positions in Kodak’s Office Imaging Group.
- Recognized in Super Lawyers, New York Metro, Construction, 2021
- “Two Decisions Under New York Law on ‘Pro Rata’ vs. ‘Joint and Several’ Allocation,” co-authored with Lloyd Gura, MCWG Newsletter, Issue 4, Volume 23, Winter 2015/16
- “Developments in Interpreting Scaffold Act/Labor Law §240,” co-authored with Barry Temkin, NYCLA Construction Law Journal, Summer 2011
New York, 1993
New Jersey, 1993
New York State Courts
New Jersey State Courts
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit