Bruce R. Kaliner
Mr. Kaliner has over twenty-six years of experience involving domestic and international first-party property insurance and reinsurance coverage issues with a focus on large loss manufacturing, chemical, and refinery claims, complex on- and off-shore energy losses, cyber and ransomware/malware claims, fire, mold, flood / hurricane / earthquake catastrophe claims, application of deductibles, occurrence analysis, time element and business interruption loss, contingent business interruption, civil authority, service interruption, and ingress/egress loss, captive reinsurer disputes, commercial actions and direct mail marketing matters. His practice includes arbitrations, mediations, administrative hearings, trials and appeals throughout the United States. Mr. Kaliner is in charge of the firm’s e-discovery task force.
Mr. Kaliner is a member of the Insurance Law Committee of Association of the Bar of the City of New York (2018-2021 and earlier terms). He is a founding member of the New York “Powercon” Energy Conference, a yearly seminar in the Property/Energy Insurance Sector.
Mr. Kaliner is a graduate of American University (B.S., B.A.) and Boston University School of Law.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Insurance Law Committee (2018-2021 and earlier terms)
- Recognized in New York Super Lawyers
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. Learn more about the selection methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Consumer Affairs Committee Insurance Law Committee (2002-2005)
- Co-author, “Can A Grain of Rice Cause Mass Destruction,” MCWG Winter 2018-2019 Newsletter, December 2018.
- Co-author, “Property Insurance Considerations For Green Energy Storage,” Law360, November 27, 2018.
- Co-author, “Will Crisis Management Insurance Cover Ransomware?” Law360, January 17, 2018.
- Co-author, “Business Interruption Meets Cyber Risk Coverage,” Business Insurance, March 3, 2017.
- Co-author, “Let’s Talk: Cooperation With Opposing Counsel Can Contain Discovery Costs,” New York Law Journal, June, 2013.
- Author, “Managing Metadata,” Best’s Review, November 2005.
- Author, “The Expanding Role of Contingent Business Interruption Insurance,” Mealey’s, December 2003.
- Author, “Electronic Data Need Careful Handling,” Business Insurance, June 2003.
- Moderator, PowerCon Conference (Energy & Power) – Energy Transformation, May 16, 2019.
- Presenter, “Are First-Party Insurers at Risk From Cyber Attacks on Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure?,” Loss Executive Association Meeting, Buckhead, GA, June 15, 2016.
- Speaker, “Business Interruption Insurance Coverage Under New York Law,” New York City Bar Association, February 27, 2014.
- Presenter, PowerCon Conference (Energy & Power) – Emerging 1st Party Property Coverage Issues in Alternative/Renewable Energy, May 2011.
- Co-Conference Chair, Mealey’s Insurance 101 Conference, February 2005.
- Lecturer, Institute for Continuing Education on the subject of Advanced Litigation Techniques.
New York, 1987
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts, New York, 1989
B.S., B.A., American University, 1983
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1986