Silverberg, Philip C.
Philip C. Silverberg has more than twenty years of experience in commercial, tort, corporate, insurance, and reinsurance litigation. His litigation practice has included arbitrations, trials, and appeals involving insurance coverage disputes, third-party defense, environmental claims, subrogation, reinsurance, broker liability, property and casualty losses, and fraud claims. Mr. Silverberg has litigated in state and federal courts throughout the United States and has served as national coordinating counsel on matters arising out of 9/11 and other catastrophes, including Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy. He also has lectured on reinsurance and claims-handling practices. He is admitted to the New York and New Jersey bars and is a member of the ABA and New York County Lawyers' Association.
- Member of the Firm's Executive Committee
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- American Bar Association
- Recognized in Chambers USA
- Recognized in Guide to the World's Leading Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers
- Recognized in New York Super Lawyers - (For more information with regard to the
Super Lawyers selection process please go to: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html .)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Quoted, "CPSC Ties Drywall, Corrosion," The Wall Street Journal, November 24, 2009.
- Co-Author, "'Chinese Drywall' First-Party Coverage Implications," Mealey's Litigation Report: Insurance, September 2, 2009.
- Author, "Adjusting the Adjusters: Florida's Proposed Legislation Concerning Public Adjusters," Best's Review, May 2008.
- Presenter, "Catastrophic Events - Lessons Learned From a Decade of Disasters," Perrin Conferences, Philadelphia, PA, May 14, 2013.
- Presenter, "Insurance Implications of Superstorm Sandy," HB Litigation Conference, New York, NY, December 12, 2012.
- Presenter, "Business Interruption Coverage and Claims after Superstorm Sandy," Webinar, December 11, 2012.
- Lecturer, "Alternative/Renewable Energy - Emerging 1st Party Property Risks," New York Power Conference, May 19, 2011.
- Presenter, "1st Party Bad Faith Obstacles and Options When Dealing with an Uncooperative Insured," Council on Litigation Mangement Annual Conference, March 2011.
- Conference Chair and Panelist, Oil in the Gulf: Litigation & Insurance Coverage, HB Litigation Conferences, November 2010.
- Conference Chair and Panelist, Oil in the Gulf: Litigation & Insurance Coverage, HB Litigation Conferences, June 2010.
- Lecturer, reinsurance and claims handling practices. May 2008
- Presenter, PLRB Claims Conferences from 1998-07 on arson and fraud claims, first-party mold claims and deposition techniques.
- Presenter, "Critical Update on Insurance Litigation: Key Strategies for Corporate Counsel," Marcus Evans, November 2006.
- Presenter, PLRB terrorism conference in January, 2002 on business interruption claims arising out of 9/11.
New York, 1985
New Jersey, 1985
B.A., Montclair State University, 1980
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1984