Mound Cotton prides itself on its ability to develop dynamic young attorneys who become leaders in their field. MCWG’s weekly CLE classes teach our attorneys all of the facets of our business. Although many early assignments will involve research and writing – MCWG places a premium on our attorneys’ legal writing ability – new attorneys will be expected to handle their own cases at an early point under the supervision of a more senior attorney. There is no substitute for experience, and while new attorneys learn about the law, they also achieve the feeling of responsibility for their own caseload. New associates will soon be conducting depositions, attending court, handling arbitrations and mediations, and developing client relationships early in their career. It is this unique combination of tutorial and practical experience that sets MCWG apart from other, larger New York firms.
We encourage our new associates to develop a “big picture” sense of how their work assists our clients, and we have an open door policy to encourage new associates to speak with any attorney at any time.
We have a competitive starting salary accompanied by a benefits package that includes health care, life insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
For further information, please feel free to forward your resume directly to us at:
One New York Plaza
New York, New York 10004
Phone: (212) 804-4259
Fax: (212) 344-8066
Experienced attorneys only; if you are in law school, we welcome applications to our Summer Associate program. Please send your resume, writing samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com
We are seeking experienced, licensed Associates for our New York, New Jersey, California, and Texas offices. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys with insurance coverage experience who are looking to develop in their careers by joining a team within a national firm.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Experience working on complex insurance coverage matters, including commercial first-party insurance, third-party liability, professional liability, etc.
- Superior legal research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- JD from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials. Applicants should have graduated in the top 30% of their class.
- Admission to the appropriate state bar - New York, New Jersey, California, or Texas. Additional state bar admissions are preferred but not required.
New York, New Jersey, California Offices
We are seeking qualified candidates who have at least two years of experience in complex insurance, reinsurance, litigation and bad faith coverage.
We are seeking a senior lawyer with at least ten years of property insurance coverage experience for our Houston office.