Sanjit S. Shah
Sanjit Shah is a partner with Mound Cotton; he joined the firm in 2003. His litigation experience includes first party and third party insurance coverage disputes involving D&O, E&O, fidelity, property and general liability claims, defense of professional liability suits, and other complex commercial matters, including securities actions. He has also handled land use appeals at the commission, trial court and appellate levels. Mr. Shah has argued before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second and Federal Circuits, the Connecticut Supreme Court, and the First and Second Departments of the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shah was an assistant district attorney in Bronx County. He is admitted to the bars of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, and is a member of the New York City Bar and the New York State Bar Association.
He is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and Fordham University School of Law, where he was an editor of the Fordham Urban Law Journal.
- Recognized in Super Lawyers, New York Metro, Insurance Coverage, 2013-2023
- “Tanasi v. New Alliance Bank: Second Circuit Clarifies Whether Unaccepted Rule 68 Offers of Judgment Moot a Plaintiff’s Claims,” MCWG Summer Newsletter, 2015
- “A Survey of Recent Second Circuit Cases Interpreting the FDCPA,” MCWG Winter Newsletter, 2014
- “Novel Commodities v. QBE Insurance: A Cautionary Tale in Policy Drafting,” MCWG Summer Newsletter, 2014
- “Protecting the Public Interest in Securities Fraud Settlements: Enhanced Vigilance by the Federal Bench in the Wake of the Financial Crisis,” MCWG Winter Newsletter, 2013
- “Does a “Responsive Pleading” Under CPLR 3217(a)(1) Include a Motion to Dismiss? ” MCWG Summer Newsletter, 2013
- Inter-Governmental Philatelic Corp. v. Aspen American Insurance Co.: The Mysterious Disappearance Exclusion Revisited
- When a Law Firm Purchases Less Insurance Coverage Than Required By the Rules of Court
- Up in Smoke: Considerations for Property Insurers as More States Legalize Marijuana
- Can There Be Coverage For A Ransomware Attack Under The Computer Fraud Provision Of A Commercial Crime Endorsement?
- Presenter, “Arbitration Clauses in Insurance Policies,” Zurich Actuarial Network, Schaumburg, IL, June 29, 2023
- Presenter, “Western Case Law Update,” Windstorm Insurance Network Webinar, September 14, 2022
- Presenter, “Property Insurance Coverage for Cyber Losses,” Zurich Actuarial Network, June 30, 2022
- Presenter, “Hard Legal Ethics Questions: How to Resolve Them or, Even Better, Avoid Them,” New York City Bar Association CLE Course, May 16, 2019
- Presenter, “Ethical Dilemmas That Keep Lawyers Awake at Night,” New York City Bar Association CLE Course, February 5, 2019
New York, 1992
New Jersey, 1991
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1991; Editor, Fordham Urban Law Journal
B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 1986