Kaliner, Bruce R.
Mr. Kaliner has over twenty-one years of experience involving domestic and international first-party property insurance and reinsurance coverage issues with a focus on large loss manufacturing, chemical, and refinery claims, complex on- and off-shore energy losses, flood / hurricane / earthquake catastrophe claims, application of deductibles, time element and business interruption loss, contingent business interruption, civil authority, service interruption, and ingress/egress loss, captive reinsurer disputes, and mold claims. Mr. Kaliner is in charge of the firm's e-discovery task force (electronically stored information) and also handles commercial actions, securities and commodities cases, asset management and employment agreements, and direct mail marketing matters. His practice includes arbitrations, mediations, administrative hearings, trials and appeals throughout the United States.
Mr. Kaliner is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York where he serves on the Insurance Law Committee as Chairman of the Property and Casualty subcommittee. He is a member of the Council on Litigation Management.
Mr. Kaliner is a graduate of American University (B.S., B.A.) and Boston University School of Law.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Insurance Law Committee
- Council on Litigation Management
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Consumer Affairs Committee Insurance Law Committee (2002-2005)
- Author, "Managing Metadata," Best's Review, November 2005.
- Author, "The Expanding Role of Contingent Business Interruption Insurance," Mealey's, December 2003.
- Author, "Electronic Data Need Careful Handling," Business Insurance, June 2003.
- Lecturer, NY PowerCon Conference - Emerging 1st Party Property Coverage Issues in Alternative/Renewable Energy, May 2011
- Co-Conference Chair, Mealey's Insurance 101 Conference, February 2005.
- Lecturer, Institute for Continuing Education on the subject of Advanced Litigation Techniques.
New York, 1987
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts, New York, 1989
B.S., B.A., American University, 1983
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1986